groovyPost Forums

Sync outlook with iPhone

goLfie

Depends.

Where is your Outlook pulling mail down from? The best way to Sync your iPhone would be to just configure it to connect to the same mail service as your outlook client.

The iPhone out of the box can do:

Microsoft Exchange

mobileMe

Gmail

Yahoo! Mail

AOL

And if you are not using any of these, you can configure your iPhone to pull from any iMap or POP server out there.

Hmm...

Yeah goLfie, I agree. Something is missing. I think the details from Alex and Mrgroove are accurate when it comes to EMAIL but not for Calendar.

I don't have an iPhone but from the few I support, you cannot sync the calendar with the various services over iMap and POP. I think they only way you can sync the calendar is via Activesync aka - Microsoft Exchange. And if your a home user using Outlook via POP or iMAP, your kinda outta luck.

ALL THAT BEING SAID - I could be wrong because I don't have an iPhone to test this out on and my iPhone users are connecting to the exchange server I manage and that's all Activesync so they are golden.

If your a home user with no Exchange, you might want to just sync your Outlook Client with Google Calendar then connect your iPhone to the Google Calendar using this link: http://www.google.com/googlecalendar/new.html

Also check this: http://www.switched.com/2007/07/05/sync ... -calendar/

Hope this helps ya

• 1 month later...