groovyPost Forums

iPhone 4S release - yeah... disappointing

Steve Krause

Wow... what a downer... http://www.groovypost.com/news/apple-br ... -unveiled/

I was really expecting an iPhone 5 but it looks like that's not going to happen. I needed to upgrade my wife's phone however now I'm kinda stuck in limbo land. get this one on a 2 year contract, get an android or wait.

yeah, waiting isn't an option....

Ok - what is the best android phone out there?

The Nexus Prime is being announced October 11th. If you are going Android, I highly highly recommend getting a Nexus device. One of the big problems with Android is that OS updates LAG behind because of the manufacturers trying to manage them. With Nexus the updates come straight from Google.

The Prime is going to be sick. 720p display and better stats than the iPhone 4S. I'm going to try to ebay off my Samsung Galaxy S and pick up a Prime instead.

Yeah, the Keynote was rather disappointing. Plus Tim Cook doesn't have the charisma of Steve Jobs. They basically announced what we already knew.

No iPhone 5...bleh. Plus, they highlight 10 of the touted 200 changes to iOS - well what are they all? Under the hood? Not to mention now we have to wait a week to even upgrade to iOS 5. I was hoping it would be available today.

Best Android phone? Can't help you there. The only Android device I have is the first gen Samsung Galaxy tab - which I am not much a fan of.

The Nexus Prime is being announced October 11th. If you are going Android, I highly highly recommend getting a Nexus device. One of the big problems with Android is that OS updates LAG behind because of the manufacturers trying to manage them. With Nexus the updates come straight from Google.

The Prime is going to be sick. 720p display and better stats than the iPhone 4S. I'm going to try to ebay off my Samsung Galaxy S and pick up a Prime instead.

Nexus Prime.... Just might work. Thnx

Yeah, the Keynote was rather disappointing. Plus Tim Cook doesn't have the charisma of Steve Jobs. They basically announced what we already knew.

No Steve Jobs..... no - he's the MBA behind Apple, not the spiritual leader Jobs was.

No iPhone 5...bleh. Plus, they highlight 10 of the touted 200 changes to iOS - well what are they all? Under the hood? Not to mention now we have to wait a week to even upgrade to iOS 5. I was hoping it would be available today.

Best Android phone? Can't help you there. The only Android device I have is the first gen Samsung Galaxy tab - which I am not much a fan of.,

Had they been able to give everyone iOS5 today - that would have helped I think. I'm looking forward to many, many of the features. We will need to write about these in details in the coming weeks once we at teamGroovy can get our hands on it!

• 2 weeks later...