groovyPost Forums

device driver droid 3

Guest OldNewbie

Guest OldNewbie

I want to be able to do a screenshot for a droid. I am not comfortable rooting my phone so I found a method to do a screen capture without rooting or downloading an app that doesn't have step by step instructions for us beginners. The step by step process I'm following includes downloading a driver but the link is for samsung phone...where do I find the device driver for a droid3?

You only need the Android SDK and the Java SDK. If no drivers for the Droid 3 are found do this:

Plug your Motorola DROID 3 into your computer via USB and Windows will attempt to install all of the appropriate drivers; one of the drivers will not be found and thus you must proceed to Device Manager in your Control Panel and find the Motorola DROID 3 (there will be a yellow icon next to it)

Right-click on the Motorola DROID 3 entry and select properties; instruct Windows to update/install the driver for this device and when asked, simply browse to the usb_driver folder inside of the Android software development kit folder that you extracted to your desktop earlier -- the device is recognized and the driver is installed