groovyPost Forums

Laptop boot prob

Guest dianmao

Guest dianmao

My ACER Aspire 4720 is creating trouble since some months.

I can restart it. I can keep it on suspend mode for hours and it has no problem waking up BUT if i shutdown for a few hours then it takes ages to start. It just does not responds. I have to take out the power cord and the battery many times and then if i am lucky it wud start.

Earlier i cud even run it without a battery but now it wont.

Plz advise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dianmao

What has OS got to do with this ?

Even if I do not have ANY os, in my laptop, it should atleast reach a stage on booting where it will say "no bootable disk found". Atleast it will display the CMOS messages. But in my case it just does not responds.

'IF' it is an OS problem then why does it boots after taking the battery and the power cord plug-in and out a few times ?

First thing I would do is flash the bios with the latest available code. Hopefully that will clear out the cobwebs and get you back up and running.

If that doesn't help you, I'm going to go with a hardware failure. Could be bad memory or a bad system board or smaller daughter board. Eitherway, your laptop might be on its last legs. Hopefully the flash helps you.

Guest dianmao

I am sorry if anyone of u found my reply harsh. I just wanted to make sure that the analysis of the problem does not goes in a wrong direction. If i had replied (simply) that i use XYZ os then the analysis would have been OS specific - which is not the case here.

Regarding Flashing the BIOS can anyone kindly tell me how to go abt it.

But i feel it there is somthing wrong with the power supply part of the Main board.

Just for info my battery is too old and week.