groovyPost Forums

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...Tablet Woes...Help Please

Guest NatKat

Guest NatKat

Hi! I'm new to your site...and think it's really awesome. I found your tablet comparison chart and it's so thorough and yet I still find myself confused. Here is what I'm looking for and where I would love insight from a "pro"....eeny, meeny, miny, moe...there are so many to choose from that seem "close" yet different....what product would you recommend for me?

Here are things I'd like:

-email! (i do love how iphone has it set up where I can access all my accounts easily under one view)

-Easy web browsing

-FLASH required as I teach an online chat room class that is a Flash Platform

-Keyboard doc available

-I have an older (2008 HP) laptop that will likely die soon, so if possible, I'd love to use this table instead for basic function (web, email, teaching my class, reading)

-i currently have an iPhone w/ apps that are free as well as those I've purchased...so this makes me lean iPad although I don't think it's an option b/c of the Flash issue

-i currently do a bit of Photoshop photo editing on my laptop...I don't think this is possible on the tablets but could be wrong...am i?

Am I asking too much of a tablet? Let me know what you would advise me to purchase.

Thank you SO much in advance Mr. Groove!

NatKat

Guest NatKat

Thank you! When I Google Galaxy Tab 10.1, I'm having trouble finding where to buy it in US. I see a Galaxy Tab 3G but all are tied to phone companies. I really want WiFi instead so I don't add on the extra $$$ each month. If you have one, do you know if I can get one and not setup a contract w phone company?

Thank you! When I Google Galaxy Tab 10.1, I'm having trouble finding where to buy it in US. I see a Galaxy Tab 3G but all are tied to phone companies. I really want WiFi instead so I don't add on the extra $$$ each month. If you have one, do you know if I can get one and not setup a contract w phone company?

Very smart not to get a device tied to a phone company IE: 3G or 4G plan. My recommendation would be to go WiFi like you said OR, do like me and go with a MiFi so all your devices are lit-up no matter where you go. So far the Verizon 4G LTE mifi is really nice (using it now actually on a ferry in Seattle)!

And BTW - A guy at work has the Motorla Tablet and he loves it. You won't be able to keep your iPhone Apps if you go Android OS however the Android store is pretty robust these days so you won't have a problem finding apps. The problem however is you will need to re-buy the same apps if you already bought them on the iPhone..... :(