groovyPost Forums

what is the df of window mode and full screen mode

Guest GRoPo

are there any df between win mode and FS mode, eg perfomance, memory usage etc ? especially when playing some game which provide the above function.

what is the df between them? why they provide such function in the game?

Ah ok. I think I know what you mean.

Im playing 2 games atm that provide the option to play fullscreen or windowed. And thats Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free Beta. My laptop (win7 x64 64 gig) can handle both games in both fullscreen and window mode. I prefer window mode because i can slide the window to the complete left and still be able to see Teamspeak, Gtalk and Skype, if needed.

Its possible that a videocard uses more memory if a game is being played in fullscreen. If you want to know what works best for you, just try it out. Im sure there are apps out there that measure memory usage in this sort of situations. Im not familiar with them.

Edit: How simple, just open the taskmanager, go to the performance tab with the diagram and keep it open when you play the game in both window and fullscreen mode.