groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2011 on Mac

Guest DCR

Transferring files from PC Outlook 2007 to Mac Outlook 2011. All went well transferring emails. During transfer of Calendar a message came up that there was difficulty and would need to restart. From that point on - Outlook will start (according to the bar at the top) however the user window information will not come up. Can not access emails, calendar, contacts . . . . nothing. Please help.

Originally tried export and import using pst files. That caused so many problems I had to reinstall Office and create a new identity. Have been working with Office technical support. Over the past 10 days I have received 4 responses (the excuse is they are away from the office) and each set of instructions has proven fruitless - and indeed caused more problems. Finally bought 3rd party software (Emailchemy) to import email - but can not import calendar or contacts. Using tech support instructions I imported contacts using comma separated values - but once imported into 2011 all 784 contacts are blank entries - or completely invisible. They suggest importing calendar into Mac calendar where it is not accessible to Outlook - but "at least you'll have a calendar". To say I am frustrated is an understatement. Isn't there a simple way to migrate Outlook 2007 PC to Outlook 2011 Mac?

They really are out of town, Microsoft gives their employees a great deal of time off in December. But some of them are still around, the problem is it's usually temp employees or newbies.

I did some digging and found that a lot of people are having trouble with the Outlook 2007 (PC) to Outlook 2011 (Mac) conversion.

One solution suggests first converting your Outlook 2007 PST files to Outlook 2010, you can do this with a trial download of Office 2010.

If that doesn't work, need to wait for an update. Mac Office 2011 still has a few bugs.