groovyPost Forums

WMV Files to CD to Play on DVD Player

Guest jennynovak

Guest jennynovak

I am a fairly new ‘registered’ user and regularly read your posts sent via email, with great interest.

I hope this is the way to ask you a question, as I have only ever asked one question (I think) so cannot remember where the link is to ask you, as clicking the Ask Mr Groove link on your website stays at the Forum.

Anyway, my question is related to being able to play a CD with a wmv file on it, created by using Windows Movie Maker. It’s not actually a movie, but a series of photos with transitions styles and music files, but Windows Movie Maker will only save it as a wmv file. When publishing it to a CD it plays perfectly well (using Windows Media Player, transiting from one photo to another with the special effect and with a music file playing.

However, even using Windows Movie Maker to publish to a CD, it is not recognised in my DVD player (it is actually a Blue-Ray player, but I don't need it in that format). The strange thing is, it have successfully placed a CD in it with just the jpg photos and it recognises that and I can see all the photos.

I did download a free conversion program called Finalburner, and it took 15 minutes to convert the a 5 min wmv file, but after copying this onto a CD, it still didn’t work in my DVD Player.

As there are several sets of photos I want to set up with transitions and music, do you have any suggestions, even if it means getting another movie maker software package?

Hi Jenny. What OS do you have? Windows 7? Vista? XP?

If your running Windows 7 you can try Windows 7 DVD Maker: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -DVD-Maker

DVD Flick is also another option - http://www.dvdflick.net/

All that being said, I find it very ODD that your Windows Movie Maker files are not being recognized by your Blue-Ray player. Are you using CD's to burn onto or DVD's? I'm thinking you might need to go buy a pack of DVD's to get your player to recognize them.