groovyPost Forums

Hotkey Alt-S suddenly disabled...

Guest LJGBronx

Guest LJGBronx

The rest work (Ctl- and Alt- keys)...Alt-S is suddenly disabled.

If I go into the Logitech SetPoint software and try to type ALT-S into the box to customize, it just says ALT-, doesn't show the S. If I try to use Alt-S to save in some apps or send (Outlook for instance) it doesn't know what to do.

This has just been the last couple of days. Only major thing I changed: I put in a new wireless-N USB adapter (Netgear WNA3100). That shouldn't have this effect! HELP! Thanks...

I should mention that this is across Windows. A different keyboard (also Logitech but different model) = same result. DIfferent cpu with same keyboard = DIFFERENT result. What a pain!

BTW - pressing ALT then S has the desired result. BOTH KEYS WORK FINE, SEPARATELY. it's just the COMBO that's snafu'ed.

Hi LJGBronx

That is one of the weirdest problems I've heard of yet. Did you install any other software at all? There are a few programs out there like Comodo VPN that will block alt-s and a few other hotkeys.

It has to be a software issue at this point if you've already tested it with different keyboards.