groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2010 - working with multiple accounts

Guest KevinPaulk

Guest KevinPaulk

I'm using Outlook on my home computer, working with several IMAP / POP3 accounts. (No Exchange Server.) Is there a way to see all my Inboxes at once and not have to switch between accounts? I was able to do that on Mozilla Thunderbird; surely it's possible on Outlook?????? Thanks!

Guest KevinPaulk

Thanks for the tip. I was looking for a way to do it without setting up rules. But I wasn't aware of the "through specified account" option, so that will work just fine.

Guest KevinPaulk

OK, follow-up question. I have the rules set up, and everything works fine while Outlook is running. (This is a home computer, so no Exchange Server.) But the messages that come in while Outlook isn't running are, of course, sitting in mailboxes of each account. Is there a way to make the rules run automatically when Outlook launches, so that I don't have to manually check seven inboxes every time I start a session? (Having to do that defeats one of the purposes of having a consolidated mailbox.) Thanks.

Guest KevinPaulk

Re: IMAP ... that's a thought. However, I determined what my problem is. I also get my mail on my BlackBerry. And any msg I've opened on it, is marked read on the server, so it doesn't forward by virtue of the rule parameter that says take action "when message arrives."

What you could do is set up an IMAP email account, like google. Then let all you other accounts forward there mail to that one IMAP account, and that IMAP account is then the one you open on startup. That way you see all the mail at once.

Exactly. Another nice thing about this option is you can use the consolidated account to filter out spam and other mail using the google filters and spam filters.