groovyPost Forums

The Settlers 7: Path to a Kindom

Beyond_Life

Hello,

A few days ago I bought The Settlers 7: Path to a Kindom. I had it laying around for 2 days under the couch because of one certain cat.... Yes, a cat. So when I got it back (it was the cat that got it back from under the couch) I installed it. Took some time, also getting al the patches in but it was done, and I was eager to play!! So I clicked the programs icon and awaited. But then I was asked for the product code. No problem there, I found it on the booklet. I filled it in and got the message "Code allready in use. Do you want to buy another one?"

Dammit..... :evil:

So I stepped on my horse and drove to www.ubisoft.com so file a ticket. I got an answer back within 48 hours and they requested me to send photo's with proof of buying the game and the code. I did that. 2 days ago. Still no sign of Ubisoft. Dammit....

So im at the office atm and I dont have anything to do so ive started to read some reviews of Settlers 7. And in all of them im reading that there are problems with the authenticationcodesthingys. People are apparently able to break them or find them on the internet.

So my question here is now, how likely is it that im getting a new code or getting my 50 euro's back? I realy want to play the game. Ive played many Settler games and I realy like the genre a lot.

Any thought?

LOL

You cat? I get the cat knocking it under your cough but how did you get it to go grab it again! :?: That is one special cat!

Anyway, I am a "sucker" for Settlers type games. I love the turn based, empire building games. Play em, love em, wasted a lot of time time on them! Just love that stuff!

Ubisoft is a good company (I like their games) so I wonder why they are sitting on your emails and not getting you up and running. 4 days really seems like way to long to get you a new key!! Did you buy this thing new? Was the box sealed? If so then it sounds like UBISoft has someone selling it's activation codes OR, like you said something is broke on the activation side. Perhaps you can take it back to the store you bought it at and swap it out?

Till this moment, still no answer from Ubisoft... Its been over a week now.

And yeah, that cat. It likes new things, and realy things that slide of the table easy. Like paper, pens, and things that bounce nice. She got up the table when i was in the kitchen. The slapped the box of the table and apparently the box bounced nice. Fast as she is, she jumped after it (i just saw it in time) and made it bounce on the edge of the box some more. And then the box dissapeared. I couldnt find it. But 2 days later the cat jumped under the couch and slapped the box again. Its weird when you sitting at the table, seeing a dvd box slide past your feet.

At this moment, Settlers is patching again with the new code :D:D:D Apparently, what happend is that ubisoft.com send the Dutch ubi department the "go ahead" for sending a new code. But the mail got somewhat lost in the system and got send back and forth between ubi.com and ubi.nl wich ment that i got a shitload of auto replys (19) but no mail with code. So an hour ago i called ubi.nl and asked what was going on. They found my mail and ticket and resend the code. Tataaaaaaa. Now i can play :-)

At this moment, Settlers is patching again with the new code :D:D:D Apparently, what happend is that ubisoft.com send the Dutch ubi department the "go ahead" for sending a new code. But the mail got somewhat lost in the system and got send back and forth between ubi.com and ubi.nl wich ment that i got a shitload of auto replys (19) but no mail with code. So an hour ago i called ubi.nl and asked what was going on. They found my mail and ticket and resend the code. Tataaaaaaa. Now i can play :-)

lol awesome story.

AND?????? After all that how is the game? You addicted yet? Playing it 10 hours straight and then late for work? Let me know if this is something I should go out and buy!