groovyPost Forums

Comcast Internet - 19.99-29.99 for 6 months

Guest Animis

Comcast and Pizza companies have two things in common. They overcharge for their products/services and then offer huge discounts to attract new customers and retain old ones.

The standard price for a 12Mbps Comcast Cable internet conection is $43 per month.

If you are a new customer you can get this price down to $19.99 for 6 months.

If you are an existing customer you can get it down to $29.99 for 6 months, maybe even less depending where you live.

Here's how to get discounted Comcast Internet

1. Contact comcast or call 1-800-COMCAST
  2. If you are not a current customer talk to someone about signing up for an account and mention the $19.99 promotion. Refuse to sign-up until they give you the price. -Simple
  3. If you are an exisiting customer, tell them you would like to close your account and end service. You'll then be transferred to the Customer Retention department.
    • Customer Rention has all the power when it comes to your account pricing, you are wasting your time if you talk to anyone else about it.

[*]They'll ask you why you are canceling, say "it's too expensive." If you can quote the price of a local competitor that would help immensely.

[*]Here is where they'll either call your bluff or offer you a discounted price. If you do get the discounted price don't forget that you'll need to repeat this process in 6 months because the price will go back up to the normal rate at that time.

If you have some success (or not) please post it below with your general location so other readers can see if their area is likely to offer the discounted price.

• 2 months later...

AMAZING!

This worked for my Comcast service in the DC area. Of course I also have access to Verizon Fios and I was able to quote their rates which were faster for the same price. I got my Comcast monthly bill down to $24.99 for the next 6 months.

Be careful though:

Sometimes retention will try to get you to sign up for the combo deal of Internet + TV telling you "it's cheaper to get both." This is a total lie, it is about $50 a month for the Internet + TV combo even with the promotional discount. If you need Cable TV, sure.. But I use Hulu and Netflix, I don't need a stupid cable TV connection for an extra $30+ a month.