groovyPost Forums

How to copy outlook from 1 user account to another

HelpJas

Hello Groove

I have a question for u..

I was using a user account User1 in my computer and had configured my outlook 2007 in that.

Now i started using a new account User2 and would like to copy all my mails from User1 to User2 outlook.

I tried to copy the outlook folder from Local settings but it only copied the settings and i got all the new mails but the old ones are still there.

By the way i'm using Windows XP.

I do have one more question..

How can we make .pst files. Is Microsoft exchange server neccessart for that?

Thank you

Should probably answer your 2nd question first:

Hello Groove

How can we make .pst files. Is Microsoft exchange server necessary for that?

No, you don't need Exchange to create a .PST file. It's solely an Outlook client process. What version of outlook are you running?

For Outlook 2007, Click File -> New -> Outlook Data File -> Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)

From there it's pretty simple.

Tomorrow, I'll create a step-by-step for both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 for you with screen shots.

I was using a user account User1 in my computer and had configured my outlook 2007 in that.

Now i started using a new account User2 and would like to copy all my mails from User1 to User2 outlook.

I tried to copy the outlook folder from Local settings but it only copied the settings and i got all the new mails but the old ones are still there.

By the way i'm using Windows XP.

My recommendation would be to login to account 1 and copy all the email into a new PST file you create from the info above. When done, close outlook and relogin as account 2. Open the .PST file you copied the email into and you should be all done!

For outlook 2007, to open a .PST file - Open Outlook and Click File -> Open -> Outlook Data File then browse to the .PST file you created.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Groove... :)

I was able to make a new pst file but when i open it from the other account it creates a new personal folder with two folders.. Deleted items and Search folders. It does not contain my mails.

I must have missed something while i was trying to do that.

Anyway I'm looking forward for your step by step explanation..

Take care..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Groove..

Thank you so much for two of the articles you wrote on pst files. I appreciate it.

You gave a very detailed information so that there is no more question left for me regarding this topic. :D

Great work bro.

The first work was really helpful. It gave me an actual idea of what pst is.

And the second article helped me to find out where i went wrong.. :lol:

Keep going...

God bless you.

Hello Groove..

Thank you so much for two of the articles you wrote on pst files. I appreciate it.

You gave a very detailed information so that there is no more question left for me regarding this topic. :D

Great work bro.

The first work was really helpful. It gave me an actual idea of what pst is.

And the second article helped me to find out where i went wrong.. :lol:

Keep going...

God bless you.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad they helped out.