groovyPost Forums

Text me app

Go to solution Solved by Austin,

My husband has unlimiting texting on his phone but secretly added a text me number to his phone. I found it by accident and see he has an account on the phone so he basically had another phone number that he can text and call from. He has cheated in the past and want to know if there is a way to find out what that phone number is that's assigned to the app. I tried to accesss the account but could not because of username and passwords. Thank. Any help would b appreciate.

My husband has unlimiting texting on his phone but secretly added a text me number to his phone. I found it by accident and see he has an account on the phone so he basically had another phone number that he can text and call from. He has cheated in the past and want to know if there is a way to find out what that phone number is that's assigned to the app. I tried to accesss the account but could not because of username and passwords. Thank. Any help would b appreciate.

Unfortunately, without knowing the name of the app and type of phone (iPhone or Android or Windows?) it will be impossible to help you on a technical level.

It's an iPhone if that helps and the app is TextMe

Ah... iPhone. In that case it might be tough.

If you can install a PC program like iPhone Browser that should let you browse the filesystem of the phone while it is connected to your PC via USB. If you look in the app's folder there should be some record of the TextMe nickname/number used for that particular network. It may be in a text file, or it might be in a config file. Or it might not be visible. It's hard to say. I'll try to check it out tomorrow when I have time to test with my spare iPhone.

• Solution

Okay. I did some testing and figured it out.

1. On your computer install iExplorer 3.
  2. Connect the iPhone via USB.
  3. Open iExplorer 3. Click Apps, Click TextMe.
  4. Open the documents folder.
  5. Right-click on database.sql and "Export it to folder" (choose your desktop).
  6. Go to the desktop and right-click on database.sql and open it with Notepad or Notepad++
  7. Perform a search (Ctrl+F) and look for "number". The number should be listed right after it.alt textList item

Okay. I did some testing and figured it out.

1. On your computer install iExplorer 3.

2. Connect the iPhone via USB.
  3. Open iExplorer 3. Click Apps, Click TextMe.
  4. Open the documents folder.
  5. Right-click on database.sql and "Export it to folder" (choose your desktop).
  6. Go to the desktop and right-click on database.sql and open it with Notepad or Notepad++
  7. Perform a search (Ctrl+F) and look for "number". The number should be listed right after it.alt textList item

Thanks!! I will give it a try :)