groovyPost Forums

Cant get areo to work on Windows 7

Guest Joseph

Guest Joseph

Just installed the release candidate and I can't get the Windows Aero to work..... Going crazy here. I'm running it on a newer Dell Laptop.

Anyone?

On my install the build-in drivers for my NVidia card were not up to date. In order to enable the Aero Themes I had to go grab the latest drivers from the NVidia site.

Go take a look. I'm betting if you grab the latest drivers (Windows 7 beta drivers are appearing now on the Nvidia download site) and your using a newer machine, Aero should work for ya (and all the features like Aero peek etc...).

Keep us updated!

Fixed? Aero is working great on my Windows 7 install. I did however have to go grab the latest NVidia drivers from the site. Once I did this all is golden.

Funny, after my upgrade from Vista Ultimate (yes, I did an upgrade heheheh) half my graphics apps didn't want to run. Once I installed the new NVidia drivers all is good! GROOVY!!!!

Guest Joseph
On my install the build-in drivers for my NVidia card were not up to date. In order to enable the Aero Themes I had to go grab the latest drivers from the NVidia site.

Yup you were right. I grabbed the latest nvidia drivers and i'm up and running.

Thanks!