groovyPost Forums

virtual drive c:

C: is a protected drive name (for the most part), and you usually can't use that one.

I don't see a reason that you couldn't create a directory somewhere on your C: drive (under your "My Documents" or someplace) and share it, then map a drive letter there using "Map a network drive" or

net use drive_letter: \\computername\sharename

What are you trying to accomplish?

I've been trying to create a virtual drive to install DOS games onto DOSbox.I created a file in my pictures library but DOSbox won't accept it,comes up as illegal command.Also,when typing a new folder name I can't add punctuation of any kind(I assume punctuation is part of the address).I think I'm getting used to how DOSbox itself works,it's just creating a file it will accept is the issue.I'm less than a novice at using a computer(didn't get my first one 'til I was 48)so all the help I receive in Groovypost has been a treat.Hope this explains my problem more clearly.Looking forward to any answers I receive.Thank You.

C: is a protected drive name (for the most part), and you usually can't use that one.

I don't see a reason that you couldn't create a directory somewhere on your C: drive (under your "My Documents" or someplace) and share it, then map a drive letter there using "Map a network drive" or

net use drive_letter: \\computername\sharename

What are you trying to accomplish?

Easy answer to this problem.After much searching I found an easy way to accomplish this.After downloading the game into a folder bring up the files for the game,look for the file ending in ".exe, .com,or .bat".When found simply drag and drop onto the DOSbox icon.This automatically creates the file,thus allowing you to advance to the next step.