groovyPost Forums

Vista SP1 VPC to Hyper-V issue

Guest brynt

Hi there, i have been searching the net and your posts and I have followed the post "Migrate Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 VM to Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V" (http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microso ... 8-hyper-v/) exactly. I got the Windows Server 2003 right, however the Vista will not work.

Basically I have a Vista ENT SP1 VPC that I copied to the Win2008SVR and loaded it into the Hyper-V Manager. I followed your directions exactly all the way to point number 14. Once I reboot, I try and install the Integration Services and I get this error with a red circle and X "An Error has occured. One of the update processes returned error code 1058".

I have also noticed that if I run MSCONFIG again (once rebooted), that the settings for Detect HAL are still selected. It is as if the HAL detect did not occur.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Hi All, I was a bit rushed to put up this post because I have solved the issue. BAsically the Windows Update Service was disabled on the guest machine. Once I enabled it, the installation was sucessfull.

Thanks for all your posts, it is a great resource for HV information. :D

Hi All, I was a bit rushed to put up this post because I have solved the issue.

And that's EXACTLY why our groovy Forum Community is sooo important! I would have been scratching my head on that one but you figured it out and now other people can benefit from your great investigating work!

Thank you for the contribution Brynt! I hope to see you around!

BTW - Welcome to the Site and the Forum! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Thanks again,

Hi All, I was a bit rushed to put up this post because I have solved the issue. BAsically the Windows Update Service was disabled on the guest machine. Once I enabled it, the installation was sucessfull.

Thanks for all your posts, it is a great resource for HV information. :D

Sweet find! That's an obscure one!

Nice job and welcome to groovyLand!