groovyPost Forums

Unable to access Office Button in Excel

Guest oregonjobcoach

Guest oregonjobcoach

I make a spead sheet every month to track my work. I save it as I go; it is saved on my desktop for quick access. At the end of the month I move it to a file that holds all of these particular spead sheets. When I go to retrieve a spread sheet from the file I am unable to access the tool ribbon at top of page. I can make changes but can not access Button to save. When I hit the X button it will then ask me if I want to save. Now the weird part.... If I move the document out of the file folder onto the desktop I can then make changes and utilize the tool ribbon. More weird.... Does not do it with all the documents. Any ideas? This just started about three months ago.

• 1 month later...

I haven't encountered this problem, but I was intrigued. Did some hunting around in Excel. I'm assuming Office 2010?

I've no doubt you didn't change anything that would cause this problem. I'm thinking it's a security "feature." You might try this:

1. Go to FILE TAB > Options > Trust Center

2. Click "Trust Center Settings" button in lower right corner.

3. From list on left, select File Block Settings.

Make sure the file types you want to open/save don't have any checkmarked boxes. Click OK and see if it works! :)