groovyPost Forums

application freezes if a file an attached Outlook2007 is ope

Guest PietHenning

Guest PietHenning

Dear Helpers,

I have an Image viewer with files, for example jpg, associated with the viewer. I wrote the software using Delphi 6. From explorer the viewer opens every time if double clicked. BUT if I doubleclick a photo inside an email (in the bar with attachments), the Viewer opens the photo and all works well for the first photo. When I close the viewer and opens another photo, the viewer opens the second photo and hangs just after displaying the photo. Any mouse activity makes a “not responding” dialog and it has to crashed closed. If I open a new email the first photo is ok and then the viewer hangs for the rest.??????????????

I already tried to see if the attribute is read only or the file is in use with this method http://delphi.about.com/od/delphitip...ile-in-use.htm. It seems that there is no attribute set or the file is not in use.

Any ideas?

I use delphi 6. and ImageEn components to work the images.

For protection I use Aspack. I'n not sure if any of these components can have an effect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The problem is in XP and Win7.

regards

Piet Henning