groovyPost Forums

Outlook Auto Complete

Guest dzaleski1

Guest dzaleski1

My Outlook 2007 Auto Complete stopped working as of this past Monday. It does remember new email addresses typed after Monday. I looked at my NK2 file and it indicates 919kb which leads me to beleive that the addresses are still in the file. I have copied the NK2 file to an external drive, deleted the file and copied it back to the folder. I have unchecked and rechecked the box in Outlook that triggers the process. Any ideas how to activate those existing email addresses to auto complte again?

Thanks in advance

Darrel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest francisfleming

On the computer with the saved AutoComplete names, go to drive:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Note Depending on your file settings, this folder might be hidden. To view the files in this folder, do one of the following:

ShowMicrosoft Windows XP

ShowMicrosoft Windows 2000

Right-click profile name.nk2, and then click Copy.

Tip You can copy the file to removable media, such as a floppy disk or a CD, and then copy the file to the correct location on the other computer. Or you can attach the file to an e-mail message and send the message to yourself. On the new computer, open the attachment in Outlook, and then save it to the correct location.

On the computer where you want to populate the AutoComplete feature, copy the file to drive:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

If the Outlook user profile name is different on the computer where you are moving the .nk2 file, you must rename the file with the same Outlook user profile name after you copy it to the correct folder. For example, if you move Kim Akers.nk2 from the original computer with an Outlook user profile name of Kim Akers, and you copy the Kim Akers.nk2 file to the new computer, you must rename it with the Outlook profile name being used on the new computer.

When prompted about replacing the existing file, click Yes.

Open Outlook to view changes.