groovyPost Forums

Looking for a Logmein replacement

Guest fishwalker

Guest fishwalker

My office has websense installed to reduce internet usage, one of the sites they block is LogMeIn. Anyone know of other quick and convenient ways to remotely connect to a computer on demand? While using RDP or VNC is an option, I'm looking for a quick and easy solution that doesn't require the configuration that both of those services would.

Are you looking to connect and control it remotely or just look at the screen?

You can use the light version of Logmein called join.me. We wrote a review of join.me a few months back and it's a great tool. It will also allow you to take control of the end users screen however that's not the primary purpose of the tool.

Another few options is - WebEx, GotoAssist, TightVNC, UVNC

Those are a few options however I've not done a real thorough search recently. Probably worth a groovyPost article we should dig into...

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
My office has websense installed to reduce internet usage, one of the sites they block is LogMeIn. Anyone know of other quick and convenient ways to remotely connect to a computer on demand? While using RDP or VNC is an option, I'm looking for a quick and easy solution that doesn't require the configuration that both of those services would.

Update - use TeamViewer. Great tool and it's free for personal use. So test it out then go Corp if it works out.