groovyPost Forums

Change thumbnail behaviour

Guest ikingi

Guest ikingi

Hi, I try to explain my problem. First of all I disabled the preview of the files on the taskbar, and on the thumbnail I see the icon and name of the file.

Usually I have opened a lot of excell files and they are very very similar each other so it's really easy to mistake with which one you work. I recognise them by the title on the thumnail on windows taskbar.

If I click on a file that is open but is in backgroud it switch on desktop and this it is ok. But if the file is already on desktop by clicking on its thumbnail it goes to background. This is very unpleasant to me. When I click on a thumbnail I want THAT window active.

I am looking for some registry modification that don't allow currently displayed window get minimized when you click on its thumbnail. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Instead of clicking on each open excel window from the start menu taskbar, try some of these keyboard combinations and see if you can make your workflow easier:

Ctrl+Alt+Tab - Nifty and quick. Shows small window tiles.

Ctrl+Win+Tab - Move through windows with the arrow keys or mouse scroll wheel. Vista and Windows 7 only. Really flashy and nicely animated.

As for the registry modification, you can download yourself an application which completely forbids programs from minimizing at all, but I'm sure that won't work for you.