groovyPost Forums

looking for tool to repair media file

Guest GRoPo

Guest GRoPo

I have tried this "ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair" but it didn't work as it can't recongize the media format, I also tried several media player and install the newest win7 code, but the situation didn't change. I guess the repair I am using isn't the better ones, so I look for someone to recommed a rather good ones.

it's AVi format.

• 4 months later...
Guest parallelparabola

Do you have access to the original file's checksum? I ask because if this was an .avi file you downloaded, it could have been corrupted when you originally got the file. If not, I think you might be out of luck. Have you tried DIVFIX ++? It has been known to be able to repair some pretty stubborn .avi files.

VLC media player has a function to automatically rebuild an .avi index if enough of the file exists. I see that you mentioned that you tried a variety of players, have you tried VLC?

Another thought: If you downloaded this video via torrent, you might want to use the "force re-check" or "re-check" function in your client. It could be that your torrent client skipped some pieces of the file but reports that your download is 100% complete.

Hope that helps!