groovyPost Forums

how to use SATA 2 mode

Guest GRoPo

some paper said users can only use it when they press F6 for the inital installion of Win7, otherwise, you can 't booting and log on win7 again. I didn't want to waste the power of SATA 2 compare with ATA/IDE config, what should I do to use ACHI mode?

I saw there were such choice from hard disk setting in bios, if I change it, would I encounter same situation like above?what about to a SATA 1 disk if I set it in ACHI like above from bios?

I saw a paper that by chaning th start to 0 and restart then go into bios to change ACHI mode, users would not encounter the problem like above, is it true? did it work?

"go the regedit, find HKey local machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\msahci"

it's the simplest, and I love to do if it work, others was more complicated, require users to download a file, intel martix ...... then copy and paste a .txt... essentially, complicated and didn't know the outcome if doing so as it's too complicated and beyond a general knowledge of home users.