groovyPost Forums

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Guest GRoPo

I have installed norton, did I also required to update "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" ? I have saw information from the microsofts page, but the context made me confused....... eg, you can install the update it will not affect your current antivirus software, but it seem have no effect to my PC......

Guest portaPoodle
I have installed norton, did I also required to update "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" ? I have saw information from the microsofts page, but the context made me confused....... eg, you can install the update it will not affect your current antivirus software, but it seem have no effect to my PC......

The Windows Malicious Software Removal tool is a separate program that is updated by Microsoft every month and is available through Windows Update. It only affects certain viruses and it won't interact with your current anti-virus software at all.

Also, Norton and Mcafe are terrible! Get ESET Nod32 or the free Microsoft one.

It's a good idea to run it every month, especially if you have been infected before in the past.

For more information read here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... d56f11b619