groovyPost Forums

MS Outlook. Recovery of Deleted Contacts

Guest Lester2803

Guest Lester2803

Hi Folks,

This appears to be a perennial subject but I think I've topped everyone!

1. All Contacts deleted from my MS Outlook address book (Office 2007 & Windows XP Tablet 2005 with Windows SP3).

2. Not in "Deleted Items" folder (I closed & reopened Outlook late only to discover the problem).

3. I do not use Microsoft Exchange.

4. I have no backup.

Does anyone know if there is a way to recover my Contacts or are they gone forever? I've tried several .pst file recovery software programmes but all have failed.

Thanks for any help !!

Lester2803

• 1 year later...

Yes you can recover your contacts as well as emails from your MS outlook with the help of Kernel for Fix outlook software, which is an efficiently pst recovery software and will restore all your contacts, emails, tasks, calendar, notes & journals etc instantly.

• 1 month later...
Guest jameson

I read the Steve Krause article about changing the registry (DumpsterAlwaysOn-Dword value) re “recover deleted items” in Outlook 2007.

I did that, but the option didn`t appear in the dropdown under tools.

I`m on Windows XP Home Edition-Outlook 2007-pop/smtp account. Do I still have to have the account at Microsoft Exchange to get the option of “recover deleted items” using Steve`s ideas? Terry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jameson

I`ve had no reply so far so i`ll ask again as i did before>>I read the Steve Krause article about changing the registry (DumpsterAlwaysOn-Dword value) re “recover deleted items” in Outlook 2007.

I`m on Windows XP Home Edition-Outlook 2007-pop/smtp account. Do I still have to have the account at Microsoft Exchange to get the option of “recover deleted items” using Steve`s ideas? Terry

jameson

Ne

• 2 years later...
I`ve had no reply so far so i`ll ask again as i did before>>I read the Steve Krause article about changing the registry (DumpsterAlwaysOn-Dword value) re “recover deleted items” in Outlook 2007.

jameson

Ne

So the Dumpsterbin tip I gave you is a feature built into Microsoft Exchange so if you're not connected anymore to the exchange server, that's going to make the recovery very complex.

One final option you might have is if you still have the Outlook Cache file called an OST file. It's been a long time since I've done this but, you can corrupt the file and then recover all the email inside of it using a free tool from microsoft called Scanpst.

Here's all the details: microsoft-office/how-to-corupt-an-outlook-pst-file-to-recover-delete-email-t95682.html

There also might be a commercial application you can use as well but this is all on the free side.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

-S