groovyPost Forums

cant find OLK jpgs attached to emails via windows explorer

Guest jessehound

Guest jessehound

I was viewing an old thread "Find the Microsoft Outlook Temporary OLK folder" which I found very helpful. I was able to find my OLK folder but can not view it in windows explorer (xp sp3, olk 2003). When I go into temp int files folder it does not show an OLK folder. When I run the script to open the OLK folder it does not show any of the 100s of the jpgs I have in my email. I have the options set to view all hidden and system folders. What gives? Where are those pics? I would like to view them thru thumbnails rather than through each individual email. Thanks! :?:

• 9 months later...

I am having the same problem. When I type Start - Run - and type in the path I got from the Registry file, which in my case is "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKAD1\", it tells me it is not a valid file. What now? How can I view these files?

I am having the same problem. When I type Start - Run - and type in the path I got from the Registry file, which in my case is "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKAD1\", it tells me it is not a valid file. What now? How can I view these files?

Drop the OLKAD1 and see if you can get there. From there you can try to type in that last folder again. Perhaps there was a typo.

Another option is once you there, change the explorer settings so you can see invisible files/folders. You should be able to double click your way into the folder (Possibly).