groovyPost Forums

Android - Droid Incredible from Verizon

Guest Animis

Guest Animis

Anyone have the new Droid Incredible phone from Verizon yet? It runs on the Google Android OS and it looked pretty sweet when I went to the Verizon store yesterday to check it out.

Downside, it's backordered and won't be shipping until June 17 or later... But I'm wondering if I should jump on it or if there is something better coming out. Right now it's $100 after bing cashback, but.. The data plan is kind of annoying at $30 per month and the 500 minute minimum voice plan that is also $30... Not to mention the roadside assistance that is an additional $3 per month, and then phone insurance is almost a no-brainer for only $60-70 per year (broken down to ~$5 per month)

Honestly I don't need any of that, there are WiFi hotspots everywhere and everyone I know has Verizon and "in-calling" is free. Oh and I have Google Voice too so... yeah the monthly price of roughly $60-$70 /month when it is all said and done seems kind of high for just a single plan. Per year that's ~$700. Almost double what I pay for High Speed internet at my house.

I have to admit... depending on the iphone 4 release and what I think of the phone when I play with it the other phone I would go with is the Drop Incredible... We did a quick review on it (main site) and it looks pretty sweet. $100 after cashback.... very nice in fact. Especially after all the cloak and dagger nonsense Apple pulled with the Gizmodo iPhone.