groovyPost Forums

Outlook Autocomplete not listing names from Contacts

Steve Krause

Question from Reader - Ask MrGroove Email Form

Hello,

Re: Outlook 2007

When I type a particular recipient's name it does not appear in the auto complete address selection, even though that recipient is located in the Contacts. Once I typed it in manually, the next time I use it, it appears. Why is that?

This is quite annoying especially when setting up a new computer for my clients and they start complaining that Outlook is not functioning correctly.

Thanks.

John

Hi John,

That's just the way Outlook 2007 works. If you have never sent the recipient an email before, the Outlook Auto-complete will not recommend anyone. Here's an excerpt from the Microsoft website on the topic:

When you type the first letter of a name in one of these boxes, AutoComplete begins to suggest possible matches based on names you have typed before. The more letters you type, the greater the possibility of AutoComplete finding a match.

Names that you use less frequently will move lower in the list over time, and eventually will no longer appear.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlo ... 71033.aspx

One thing you can do is as you are tying a new name, Press CTRL+K. This will look inside your Address Book and GAL for possible matches and resolve to an address if it finds a match.

Hope this helps