groovyPost Forums

Black screen, and no power to keyboard or mouse Win10

Royston

New to this, but last resort!  Two HP computers on my network did not seem to wake up after an update last month, the tec guy blamed the update, however I found that I could still access them via  VPN on my laptop. I originally thought that they did not wake up after the update, but it seems that no power is being sent to the keyboard or mouse and no signal to the monitor.  Before I replace the boxes, has anyone had this problem and found a solution?  Thanks in advance..

• 5 weeks later...

Are these laptops or desktops? Sounds like they are desktops given you mentioned (mouse and keyboard).

That's really funky. The update for windows should not impact video or keyboard during the boot process. Are you not getting anything during the post/boot cycle before windows? If it's an OS issue, you will get video in BIOS at least...

If you're not, I'd verify the monitors are plugged in correctly and hard reboot the boxes. If you still can't get video you either have an issue on the motherboard, video card or monitor. If it's happening on two individual boxes..... that's a huge coincidence. You might have had a power event that fried something on box boxes. 

Again, very rare but not impossible. True to rule out each of those items individually before doing any replacement of the computers.