groovyPost Forums

MSIServer Not Running

harored
Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

Hi, After the recent Windows 10 update, I noticed that my laptop was running a bit slower than normal. I receive your GPost daily updates and noticed the following article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-slow-after-installing-windows-10-feature-update/

I followed the recommended steps to modify startup, when I did a restart, the laptop has really slowed down which leaves me to wonder if something needed to stay enabled? In the process of reviewing what services were running or stopped, I discovered one service with which I'm not sure if it should be running or stopped? Here is a snapshot of the MSIServer service in question: 

groovypost.jpg

Thank you for your direction as to whether this service should run or if it's okay to be stopped.

harored

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
On 2/14/2018 at 3:55 PM, harored said:

leaves me to wonder if something needed to stay enabled?

Really depends which services you disabled/stopped. Most of the items I normally turn off are 3rd party tools and software packages which have no business running in the first place at startup. If I want them to run, I'll launch them.

Take a screenshot of your services from Task Manager > Startup so we can see what you have Running vs. Disabled. Should be able to assist @harored .