groovyPost Forums

Cannot Send From 2nd Outlook Email Account

Steve Krause

Question from Reader - Ask MrGroove Email Form

I use Outlook (Windows XP) and have Norton Anti Virus installed.

I have been trying to add new email accounts to Outlook so that I can select which email address I send from but they don't show in the drop down box when I go to create a new message. I'm sure it's something simple but I don't know what!

Hi Jane,

First, welcome to the groovyPost community! We hope to get to know you well here in the forums and main site!

In regards to your question, are you running Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007? I ask because the interface when sending emails from your 2nd account is different depending on which Outlook client you are using.

For Outlook 2007, I've documented the process of both adding and sending an email from an alternate account here:

Use Outlook 2007 with GMAIL Account via iMAP

And here's the specific image showing how-to select a 2nd account in Outlook 2007:

image67.png

If it's Outlook 2003, the process is similar if not exact in most cases however when you goto send the email, there is a button on the toolbar which allows you to choose the account to send the message as.

Let me know if this solves your problem!

• 1 year later...
Guest Gemstar

I am still using Outlook 2003 on Wnndows XP. I have added a second email account via the Tools - Email Accounts - Change - More settings - Advanced. When I go to create a new message I don't see the Accounts button - which would allo wme to select with account I want the message sent from- appearing anywhere. What's wrong?

Thanks,

Gemstar