groovyPost Forums

Why did I get penalised with -6 reputation points

Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

• Solution

Hi Mosy,

First let me explain how the reputation or guru points work here at groovyPost Answers:

Each type of post can be rewarded by other members of the community. This is done using the UP ARROWS on Questions, Answers and Comments.

If the post is good, the community will UP ARROW your Question, Answer or Comment. If it's a bad post... it can be down voted.

Now, there is also one other way to award someone reputation points and that's by clicking the Award Points link. This is the ultimate compliment or appreciation one can show to someone because it takes points out of your account and gives them to the other persons account.

My guess is you clicked the Award Points button and gave someone your points which pulled them out of your account....

With that in mind -- I personally love your question so much I'm going to award you some reputation points as a thank you for the question and as a welcome to the site.

PS: Yes, this is my blog and site however, I need to earn reputation points just like everyone else so if you like my answer, please don't forget to UP ARROW it and mark it as the answer. ;)

-StevegroovyPost.com

Hi Mosy,

First let me explain how the reputation or guru points work here at groovyPost Answers:

Each type of post can be rewarded by other members of the community. This is done using the UP ARROWS on Questions, Answers and Comments.

If the post is good, the community will UP ARROW your Question, Answer or Comment. If it's a bad post... it can be down voted.

Now, there is also one other way to award someone reputation points and that's by clicking the Award Points link. This is the ultimate compliment or appreciation one can show to someone because it takes points out of your account and gives them to the other persons account.

My guess is you clicked the Award Points button and gave someone your points which pulled them out of your account....

With that in mind -- I personally love your question so much I'm going to award you some reputation points as a thank you for the question and as a welcome to the site.

PS: Yes, this is my blog and site however, I need to earn reputation points just like everyone else so if you like my answer, please don't forget to UP ARROW it and mark it as the answer. ;)

-StevegroovyPost.com

Yes Steve this is the answer but what does this answer marked as community wiki mean. I did search on your website but did not find out

Hi Mosy,

-StevegroovyPost.com

Marking an answer as a Community Wiki allows other people in the Community to edit it and make changes to it to make it better.

This is typical for an answer that may change over time because of a version change or updates. Answers for Android or IOS mobile is a good example. The answer may change when a new version of IOS comes out and the answer will need to be udpated.

Marking it as Community WIKI allows others to update it for you.

Hi Mosy,

-StevegroovyPost.com

Thank you I see now