groovyPost Forums

Onedrive - massive data consumption

gregganthonyca

I just purchased a 2022 Dell XPS 17 laptop.  I found out the hard way that this sucker runs Windows Onedrive which for some is great but, for me it is a nightmare.  I run my data through a hotspot on my phone.  With only 40GB this sucker ran through that data in 3 days.  Turns out everything I was putting on the "C" Drive/Desktop it was putting up on the cloud.  Which if I want to access it it needs to download it from the cloud, which seems like a huge waste of my time.  And this thing has 1TB HD.  Soon to have another 4TB HD's intalled. 

I tried uninstalling it twice through CC Cleaner, but both times it reinstalled - not sure how. Sooooo, the only ways I could figure out how to get it to stop loading my data to the cloud was to one disable it from autostarting via the task manager and the other way was to add a partition to the "C" drive effectively creating another drive and putting all my desktop items on there and then putting a shortcut onto the desktop itself.  

So, my question is, how in the hell do you actually permanently remove ONEDRIVE???

Thanks.

Gregg

• 1 year later...