groovyPost Forums

Bluetooth Headphones Stuttering due to last Win10 Update

citabria94

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit - Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Above is the current build of my OS. A few weeks ago I started having a stutter in the audio of my Skullcandy Hesh2 bluetooth headphones. These headphones have worked for years just fine until just a couple weeks ago. Since then I have been down every rabbit hole that I can find online, trying to figure out WHY my headphones now have a stutter in the audio. They sound like they are out of range even if I have my headphones six inches away from the receiver. I have disabled telephony, disabled the MIC in audio settings & I have disabled the "enhancements" in the properties of the headset in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers.  I located and used Driver Talent to locate and install drivers from an online source for the BT400 and my RealTek High Definition Audio device. Well, nothing changed. So, I installed my Asus BT400 receiver into another computer and it worked just fine but, this system was a previous version of Win10 [Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1082)]. My headphones sound fine when used by my Samsung TV, and also by my cell phone.

I spoke with my companies IT department and they thought it might be part of the recent Win10 update that rolled out a few weeks ago. However before speaking with them I had decided to solve the issue on my own by backing up my personal files onto an external drive and RELOADING Win10 from scratch. Well, that may have been a small mistake. Because now I do not have the ability, locally, to roll back my build to a previous version of Win10 Home.

Any ideas or specific help from this community will be GREATLY appreciated, thank you in advance.😁

• 1 month later...

When I had issues with my system, it was a problem with my Bluetooth receiver. It was external to the system (you screwed it onto plugs on the back of the motherboard). It's an antenna I guess you could say.

The problem was the same as you describe, it sounded "out of range". The fact that you moved your BT400 receive to another box and it worked just fine.... kinda kills the idea that it's the receiver. The next thing I would check is a different USB port. Perhaps there is some damage on the USB port. 

Have you tried to move the BT400 receiver to a different port?