groovyPost Forums

Asus Notebook - Changing the maximum charge limit

Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

Dear All,

I am using a ASUS laptop that used to charge the battery until reaching 100%. However, in my endeavour of optimizing the laptop for potential longer periods without a power supply, I have managed to perform a magic action that no longer allows me to charge the battery to 100%, but it only charges to a maximum of 80% (while the icon states the unit is plugged in - but not charging)

I am running an updated Windows 10 OS, and I have verified all the options in the battery settings / the settings of the Power mode (irrespective of the plan, the same issue remains).

Please assist me with restoring the charge capacity to 100%.

Thanks in advance for all the support!

Kind regards,

Andrei

• Solution
On 10/8/2020 at 1:47 AM, AndreiT said:

but it only charges to a maximum of 80%

Hi @AndreiT,

I don't have an ASUS laptop however, on my Lenovo, using it's power savings software, you're able to put the battery into a mode which extends its life. When it does this, the battery will only charge up to 70-80% capacity. Many say this is a good thing as it prevents problems if your lithium battery remains at 100% indefinitely. 

So, my suggestion is to take a look at the ASUS power savings settings. You likely enabled a "Battery Saver" feature or something similar to this. Turn that off and it should charge to 100% again.