groovyPost Forums

After Office 2007 SP2 install I can't open Pubisher2003 docs

Guest Pappy

Guest Pappy

On both Vista and XP machines with the new Office 2007 Service Pack 2 I am unable to open Publisher 2003 documents.

Anyone having similar issues?

This is a rather new update so Google and Microsoft are both of no help so far.

Thanks,

Pappy

Yikes.... I don't use Publisher 2003 (or publisher at all for that matter). I just checked and I actually have Publisher 2007 installed so let me look around and see if I can find a Publisher 2003 document to try and open.

I assume you have Publisher 2007 installed?

BTW - just checked and there is no Publisher 2007 Viewer.... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publi ... 61033.aspx

Here's what I found on the NET - http://forums.techarena.in/office-updat ... 174017.htm

It appears others are having the same issues. Until the problem is fixed I would recommend running the Microsoft Office Diagnostics Tool. You can find it in your Microsoft Office/Microsoft Office Tools/ Folder. This tool will scan your Office Install and fix any issues found.

I've used the Diagnostics Tool to fix a lot of Office problems in the past. It would be worth a try!

Here's something else if your in a PINCH and need to print something:

If you are using Publisher/Office 2003 you can open the pub files in Document Imaging, then save them as a TIF, which can then be opened in most image viewers.

Keep us updated!