groovyPost Forums

Iphone 4s (iOS5): Hotmail Password Problem

Hello,

I have an Iphone 4s (iOS5) and am having a very aggravting issue with my hotmail. It was working smoothly up until a couple of weeks ago where windows live was updating their system and ever since then I get an error message saying: Password Incorrect Enter the password for the Hotmail account "Hotmail". Once I enter the password it keeps popping up even though I know the password is correct. After reading many blogs I tried many solutions which included deleting the account and re-adding it; Changing my current password to a shorter password and even setting up a new account as a microsoft exchange account but it still does not work.

If anyone can find a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated. It seems I am not the only one with this problem as there are multiple blogs on this but with no real solutions.

Thank you in advance for any help!

When you added it back, are you using the Microsoft Hotmail option under "Add Account" or Microsoft Exchange?

Play with those 2 options.

Also - you might try to change your password on Hotmail to something VERY simple and then try to sync your iphone just to make sure it's not a password FAT FINGER problem.

Thanks Steve but I had tried both (MS Hotmail and MS Exchange)of those options previously and it didn't work! When it was working fine, it was working under the Hotmail option.

Moreover I had also tried changing the PW to something simple as well but still no success.

Thank you anyway!