groovyPost Forums

How can i install Windows XP in my HP Dv6 Laptop

Guest Najeebullah

Guest Najeebullah

HelloI have HP Pavilion dv6-1143et Entertainment Notebook PC Laptop, I want to install Windows XP but it is not installing, it gives me the error of blue screen that there is no hard disk available, but when i am going to install windows 7 and vista then it is working well. they not giving me any error,can u tell me why it is giving error in during installation of XP.Please help me.thanks

The problem your running into is probably because Windows XP does not support SATA drives, it doesn't have any drivers. What you will need to do is try and disable SATA support in XP then do a reboot and rebuild. If you get this far then you might be good to go and you can install XP just fine.

If your not able to change the drive type in the BIOS however, then you will need to to grab some drivers for your HD for XP. They are probably Intel but you will need to hunt around. Then, during the rebuild, it will ask you if you have any additional drivers (you need to be fast here because it flashes up quickly). Click F6 to install 3rd party drivers and use the drivers you downloaded. If you don't have a floppy this might be a little rough and might require you to do some super geeky ninja work or creating a CD with the drivers or getting a USB floppy.

It's not going to be an easy path but primarily, the issue you are having is due to SATA support on XP...