groovyPost Forums

Scrolling thru open windows

indyscott53

I have two "identical" computers that I bought at the same time, with Windows 7 OS. On one of them I can use Win-Tab to scroll through the open windows. It makes a nice sort of 3-D arch of the windows so I can see where in the order the screen I want is.

On the other machine only Alt-Tab will scroll through the open windows, and I don't like it as well as the Win-Tab way. But, I can't figure out what is different between the two machines. Can anyone tell me how to get the Win-Tab feature to work on this machine?

(Btw, this my first post to this BB) :)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ndows-aero

I found that the difference between the two computers :) was that one was using a "Windows Theme" for the desktop. That turns on the "Aero Experience" part of which is the "3-D Flip" to scroll through the open programs. It also turns windows to "clear glass panes" when you move cursor focus out of the window. Not sure I like that. :(

Microsoft sure has a lot of engineers doing a lot of stuff that's of questionable value, but, then, that's "progress".

• 2 weeks later...