groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2007 can't figure this out

Guest oldschool75

Hello to all,

I am experiencing a bit of a problem that I cannot remedy. I have searched numerous sites and called computer repair places to no avail. My laptop is running Windows 7 64. Here's the problem: I wanted to export my Outlook emails to the pst. file to a specific folder. When I was reviewing the Data File Management options and where it is saved in the Personal Folder. I had right clicked on the Outlook icon to see what other choices were available to files open with, I choose Word not realizing it wouldn't let me change it back or that there were no options to change it back to. You can try to browse for another program to open it with but there is nothing that seems to open a pst file. So now when try export to the pst. file it saves as Word but it cannot be opened. The message I receive is "Word cannot open this file because it is larger than 512 megabytes." Outlook is working fine otherwise, but I don't know if something is corrupted or how changing it removed the Outlook choice to open things with.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Could someone please advise? Thank you.

Amy