groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2010 IMAP rules occasionaly stop working

Guest mxcomad1

Guest mxcomad1

I have the following issue/ problem / bug in Outlook 2010.

I set up Rules on an IMAP email account. Rules do not filter all the emails I receive. Sometimes proper email goes to the assigned folder and other times emails from the same sender stay in inbox and do not move to the assigned folder.

All the rules are set based on the “from” option. For example email from x@x.com must be delivered in x folder and email from y@x.com must be delivered in y folder.

Occasionally it works but very often it does not work and emails stay in inbox folder.

Over the last month I am trying to figure out what the problem is. I could not find any solution in forums. I set again and again the rules, followed the instructions of proper setting of rules but the problem remains.

From the Server point of view, I was informed by Hosteurope that this is not a server issue.

I tried to install several Antivirus, I configured them to not control Outlook but problem remains. I also tried with de-activated Antivirus or even without any Antivirus but the problem still remains.

Does anyone have any idea or solution?