groovyPost Forums

Need help moving Picasa to new profile

Guest pmarch

Guest pmarch

Hey Steve,

Can you help out an old man with really limited technical ability? I couldn't even find where to post a question until I finally got to this dialog box, and if you do reply I'm not sure I'd know where to go to find the reply.

Because my ability is really limited I managed to corrupt my computer's user profile. I got a new one created and my programs are now working correctly on the new profile. I have not deleted the old profile yet as I am still transferring information. My problem now involves Picasa. Your terrific post indicates how to transfer the Picasa data to a new computer. Unfortunately I did not come across that post until AFTER I had opened on the new profile and of course it began scanning the faces. I'm guessing that copying the files from the original Picasa to the new profile as you suggested is no longer an option.

Since both profiles are on the same computer, I cannot even delete Picasa program and reinstall it on the new profile since I assume that would delete the program from the old profile as well. Is there a way that I can rectify this, and transfer my Picasa data from one user to the other? Now since I am not sure I would know where to go to find a reply,assuming you to see this post and do reply, would you mind e-mailing me the link to the reply at march@valornnet.com? Can you also let me know where on the groovyPost site I would go to pose further questions?

Thanks ever so much.

• 2 weeks later...