groovyPost Forums

How to reinstall removable disk back onto my computer

Guest charles

Guest charles

Forwarded this question on July 10 and I still await some answer.. I recently purchased a new cellphone in which I can transfer music files from my computer. I have lost my removable disk E on my computer which is necessary for the transfer process. Presently I have two removable storages devices, a DVD RW Drive (D) and DVD RW Drive (F). Can either one of these be changed to a removable disk E to accomidate my cellphone or can I add the the disk E ? My computer is a windows 7 32/64 bit. My experience with computers is very minimum. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks nellcls@aol.com

Hi Charles,

You should reboot your PC and then when everything is loaded, plugin your cell phone. At that point the phone will connect via USB and Windows will assign it a drive letter.

At that point, just right click the start button and click Explorer. This takes you into Windows Explorer. From there you will see a new drive which should be your phone OR, you will see PHONE listed and you should be able to click on it and see your photos.

What type of phone is it btw?

Guest charles

Steve, thank you for your quick reply. This will be my first reboot of this computer. Should I disconnect my external hard drive before I do this reboot?

I would. Let it reboot and come back up clean. Then after everything is loaded, go ahead and plugin the phone and let Windows take it from there. You "should" get a window pop when the phone is plugged in to announce the phone has been connected etc... But if not, just go into Windows Explorer and you should be able to find it.