groovyPost Forums

Can't enter Bios on MSI motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

I asked this question several months ago and tried several of the suggestions, but I still cannot enter the Bios.  I have a custom built computer using a MSI motherboard (990FXA-GD80 with 24-GB mem running the latest version of Win-10 / 64).  When tapping "delete" upon startup the message "Entering Setup" appears.  The screen turns gray and that's it.  Nothing happens.  Unfortunately I have misplaced the MSI installation disk.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 3/5/2018 at 7:41 AM, tlpmap said:

When tapping "delete" upon startup the message "Entering Setup" appears.  The screen turns gray and that's it.

So.... that's not good @tlpmap

First, I would start by unplugging everything from the computer except the monitor and keyboard. See if that helps. If not, goto the MSI website and download the latest Motherboard FIRMWARE and flash the board. If you're already running the latest bios, I would still flash it to see if that clears up the issue for you. Something is obviously wrong. 

Here's a link to the BIOS - https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/990FXA-GD80.html#down-bios

Steve..... Thanks for the reply.  I contacted MSI support and, after a lengthy conversation, was told that the motherboard needed to replaced.  Also, went to the link you supplied and found that the download was to be used to flash the Motherboard when only using Win-8.  I am running Win-10 Pro x64.

• 1 month later...