JustinWalt

How to recover damaged ZIP files?

On 4/27/2015 at 1:44 AM, JustinWalt said:

Where get effective a zip recovery software for corrupted archives? How to recover damaged ZIP files?

There are a few tools out there you can search for, however, in most cases, the data will be lost if the ZIP file is corrupted. WinZip has a KB article on how to repair a ZIP file. You might check it out:

After installing WinZip, using the following commands:

1. Quote

1. On the keyboard, press (the Windows key)+R
    2. In the Run dialog that opens, type: cmd and then press Enter on the keyboard
    3. Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located
    4. Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip
    5. Press Enter on the keyboard

http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/126/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rufio
      Most of the time when you install an application, the application likes to automatically start when Windows boots. It does this by adding itself to a registry key.
      Here are a few of the startup registry keys:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
      Usually the program can be found in one of those keys, but sometimes instead it will add itself to the startup folders:
      %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup%C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup%
      I've tried locking down these locations by adjusting who can edit these, but that makes it really hard to add applications to them that you actually DO want running at Startup. Does anyone have an easier way of blocking applications from adding themselves to Startup in Windows, while at the same time allowing you to add the ones that you like to startup.

Perhaps if we could just block installers from adding to startup that would be best.
    • By Skippie10
      I have been opening several attachments which are saved on my computer and trying to save them in various formats. In the process, I must have changed some settings since when I, now, double click on attachments to emails coming in, they ope in "paint" software and not in the normal formats.
      How do I regress back to the normal software for opening attachments on emails coming in to me?
      Don
    • By Austin
      Asim recently wrote me this email:

...Our company has a VPN that we loginto, I have a macbook pro machine andi have installed Windows 7 as a guestusing vm virtual box in this syste. Iam wondering, can we creat a vpnconnection on guest OS Windsows 7?
      I'm overwhelmed by the network optionsavailable and was hoping you couldprovide some direction...
    • By Cubey
      Recently windows defender stop working and i get this error code "0x80070424" the specified service does not exits as a service.I checked services and its not listed there ether.This computer recently had McAfee on it but the subscription expired a long time ago and was not very useful so i deleted it.Windows defender stopped working before i uninstalled McAfee.I would like to know how to restart windows defender.
    • By Austin
      Acurtis writes:

Hello, Don't know about you, but about 20 times a day I seems to have to enter my Email for a variety of reasons (and Auto Fill doesn't cut it). Is there a keyboard shortcut (say, 'EM') that I could hit in ANY field regardless of application that would populated my Email, instead of typing it (it's fairly long)? Thanks
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online