Rufio

Is it possible to remotely game from another computer or virtual machine?

So I have a pretty standard laptop and I was wondering if it would be possible to remotely play games installed on my desktop or a virtual machine using the laptop. Say if I was in the other room and I wanted to play games, could I use the laptops remote desktop connection do this?

And is it possible to install games on a virtual machine and then play them remotely? (Assuming the games were installed on a server or workstation) Wouldn't the video card in the virtual machine not matter as much and I could just make it use the video card in the laptop?

Try it and see what happens. More than likely your connection to the machine will be too slow to play. Also when remoting in, the computer you're remoting in from will usually have its graphics downgraded. Anyway, if it does work it will be really slow or the graphics will be really horrible, If not both.

Try it and see what happens. More than likely your connection to the machine will be too slow to play. Also when remoting in, the computer you're remoting in from will usually have its graphics downgraded. Anyway, if it does work it will be really slow or the graphics will be really horrible, If not both.

Yeah I found out that it doesn't work. Everything is really choppy when I try to use remote desktop.

I'm not sure why it just doesn't use the video card on my laptop to speed things up. Maybe its because the Wireless N network speed can't keep up with the CPU and RAM on the host box.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Julia
      Does anyone have any advice about the problems I'm having with controlling the volume for my tv with my Apple TV 4 remote? I went to the Apple Store and according to them it is because my HDMI cable or HDMI input in my tv isn't good enough. But I bought a new HDMI 2.0 cable and my tv is just 2 years old and has HDMI-CEC. My remote is able to turn the tv on and off, and it is operating according to the ' learn control' test, but... it still doesn't work. Would love to use only 1 remote (I only use the Apple Tv for my tv). 
    • By mgs
      I use a windows 7 Home Premiun and I would create a virtual network using the microsoft loopback adapter. I already create this network but when I enable it I got an error message "unidentify network " my question is how to fix this problem ....help please....
    • By jshepp
      I'm not too knowledgeable about networking and routers. Pretty much all I know is how to set up a router to create a wireless network, and that's all I've been using it for currently. I like playing games online (most notably League of Legends), and living with a big family on an 'ok' internet connection just won't cut it. For example, I'll start playing a game, and then someone else will start watching Netflix, making my game virtually unplayable.
      A friend mentioned about using router firmware to create a stable ping. He didn't really know much on the topic, but it sparked my curiosity. Is this even possible? And if so, will it have any negative effects to other users on the network. (Essentially, can I play my game on a playable ping without being an internet hog?)
      League of Legends Support led me to something about QoS, but as I read further into the article it seems it's about prioritizing bandwidth? (Again, I don't want to be an internet hog)
      Any insight into this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    • By Rufio
      When I try to login to my router at 192.168.1.1 it accepts my username and password but just displays the message " (192.168.1.2) is managing this device " with a blank white screen, nothing else is visible. Is there anyway to fix this? I can't access my router control panel because of this.
    • By aryan
      Came across a Words with Friends anagrammer site and was wondering how to use it. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online