bevy32

Kindle Fire in a loop returns to Home page

I bought a Kindle Fire a few months ago while visiting my daughter in the California. I live in South Africa. There appears to be no Amazon Kindle support here.The Fire worked OK until a week ago. Now, if I try to execute any app, it pops up on the screen but immediately reverts to the Home page and the Home ikon can been seen flashing in the bottom right hand corner. Any ideas on what the problem could be and what can I do about it?

That is a weird one.

Sounds like a hardware issue, are you sure this is a legitimate Kindle Fire and not a cheap impersonation?

The only thing I can recommend in this scenario is a Factory Reset, as if it's a software problem that should solve it.

If you purchased the Kindle Fire from Amazon I would contact them right away and request a replacement.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Myke46
      I have a HP-G72-B53 notebook with Window 7 Home Premium 64. I've known that redundancies exist in OEM notebooks, so I just want to make sure all these HP items are unnecessary:
      HP Advisor, HP Power Manager HP Quick Launch HP Software Framework And,no I am not concerned with voiding warranties.
    • By Ziggy
      Is it possible to connect two computers to one external USB hard drive? If so, how? And, would there be a need for a special adapter?
    • By Rufio
      I reformatted the laptop after installing a new hard drive in my Sony Vaio and now it isn't letting me use the brightness function keys anymore. The function volume keys still work, it's just the brightness ones that aren't going very well. Is there a software requirement or something I'm missing?
    • By Steve
      I'm in the market for a good WIFI router/switch/repeater. Looking for something with at least 5 1Gig ports and the ability to repeat/extend the signal to another Access Point which is up stairs so i don't need to run wired Ethernet to the other side of the house.
      Looking online, This Western Digital N900 looks nice however it doesn't appear to have the repeater functionality.
      Anyone buy anything recently which is working out well? Or got a tip on something out there?
      Thnx
    • By jax200
      How can one assess how effective an antivirus software is, if at all? Are there "test viruses" that one can use to evaluate the robustness of protection of your PC?
      Also, is there any evidence that some combination of software protection software is better than having just one alone?
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)