Konrad

Can you run Quicken in the Cloud?

Can one effectively and conveniently run/operate Quicken "in the cloud" using either the home or office computer with a cloud service such as "Box" or "Drop Box"?

Well -- If you've installed Quicken on your PC, there is nothing preventing you from storing the quicken data files in a dropbox folder which is then sync'd with the cloud so then if you goto another PC that has Quicken installed, you could install Dropbox and then load that same file. It's not really "CLOUD" but it might work.

Another option is to use the free accounting software from Intuit called MINT. It's fully "cloud" enabled, nothing to install on your PC however it's very much a "Diet Coke" edition of the full-blown Quicken. Intuit calls it "Online Money Management" vs. accounting software.

And the 3rd options is the "fully" online version of Quicken called QuickBooks Online -- http://quickbooksonline.intuit.com/

Not exactly made for the normal home user however it is an option.

Freshbooks.com is also starting to position itself as online accounting software. YOu might want to take a look at it also.

-Steve

I use Google Drive. Works great.

So you keep your quicken file there correct? Yeah I do that also only I use Sugarsync. that's great for a personal client running Quicken but not really a "cloud" service via browser.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AitchB
      I want to install a home based server to hold my backups. I have discounted using a paid service like Dropbox or several other similar cloud services, because they are too expensive (example: Dropbox = 1$/GB per year.) I currently have 2x2TB external HDDs that I alternate for my Mac using Time Machine and then I keep all my media files on another 2TB external HDD backup to the last 2TB external HDD. They are all kept in the same place next to the computer and I am aware that in case of a fire or a burglary they all might disappear, so every time the house is empty I hide some of the HDDs. Not an elegant solution.
      There are 2 possibilities: First take the backup disks to another part of our (large) house where they will be hidden and no-where near the computer and then link them directly to the Mac. BUT HOW? long USB? Powerline RJ45? The HDDs of course do not have RJ45 sockets.
      Secondly use a home server like a WD cloud server hidden away as above. These are called NAS servers. Which ones are good but not ridiculously expensive (up to say 300$) using some of those 2TB HDDs in it or connected by USB?
      A completely off site server might be too slow. We live in the country and although the Internet connection is good I think it might be a problem.
      I'd appreciate ideas and even a short discussion.
      Henry
    • By Tony UT
      I am looking to back up and possibly actively mirror a folder across multiple computers in a network. I have a test folder that will work for testing, but the files in this folder will be edited and saved on multiple computers in the same day a small garage fire in the spring destroy most everything that was active so in the network will have computers in the garage, shop, and house, along with a network drive in the house.
      test files will be from the electric sheep program, and on 2 computers and a network drive another computer or network drive needs to be set up as a time machine backup in case a file gets accidentally deleted or saved wrongfully. "C:ProgramDataElectricSheepcontent" "\WDMYCLOUDSmartWareElectric Sheep" "\FRED-505ElectricSheepContent"
      A 4th location can be kept for a time machine backup of which I also do not know how to do.
      Windows 7/8 are my primary OS's
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online