groovyPost Forums

Add second mailbox in outlook 2007

Guest drew

Hope I'm replying/asking correctly (first time)

I too am working with Outlook 2007. I only have hotmail and live.com accounts. I'm trying to get them all loaded. I installed Outlook and during the install it had me configure an email account (username@live.com account). This went perfect. After installing I attempted to add a couple other hotmail acccounts and it seems to go good but everytime outlook trys to logon on to these it says the password is incorrect. I know the password is correct. I says this for any hotmail account I try to add. I removed the account I added during the install and it let me re-add that one again, it appears that this is the only account it will let me add.

Help!

Hi Cliff - Are you using the Outlook Connector? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlo ... 21823.aspx

I think a new version of it was just released. Might solve your issues with authentication. I think a new version of it was released on Microsoft Download on Sept. 9th also. here's another link:

http://www.microsoftpost.com/?s=outlook+connector

Pick the 32-bit or 64-bit version listed then follow the link to Microsoft download.

all is good or so you would think, it seems I cant send email now and the downloads are suupppeeeer slow. It hangs basically telling me that its "preparing to send/receive" or stuck sending/receiving at 45% or 75%, etc.

Ideas???

Thanks!

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Tungsten

I also need help on this issue.

I have a POP account and a exchange account and I would like to open both at the same time.

Try the instructions but could not find the name of the POP account to add.

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

i found this very helpful. is it possible to add another account with a different domain name. that is have two different mailboxes with different domains. i just want to know if there is any other way that i can access my other mailbox without having to log off and log into our domain.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shadyheek2001

Hi I successfully added a 2nd mailbox to Outlook 2007 using your screenshots __Thanks__ problem is when this 2nd mailbox receives emails, after 10 minutes the email moves from this 2nd mailbox and it ends up in the primary exchange default mailbox all by itself. No idea why it does this automatically. Any ideas?

Hi I successfully added a 2nd mailbox to Outlook 2007 using your screenshots __Thanks__ problem is when this 2nd mailbox receives emails, after 10 minutes the email moves from this 2nd mailbox and it ends up in the primary exchange default mailbox all by itself. No idea why it does this automatically. Any ideas?

Do you have any rules that are moving the emails?

• 1 month later...

I am using Windows 7 and outlook 2007. I was able to setup my yahoo email with no issues. However, my problem is that I can not add my wife's yahoo email. The setup config is the same as mine. When I test her account I am repeatedly adding her password and it would fail connection to the server, Any ideas?

I am using Windows 7 and outlook 2007. I was able to setup my yahoo email with no issues. However, my problem is that I can not add my wife's yahoo email. The setup config is the same as mine. When I test her account I am repeatedly adding her password and it would fail connection to the server, Any ideas?

And using the same Username / PW combo on the browser works just fine?

Have you tried to remove your account and just hers instead (1 only)? Does that work?